- to the height of it all -

9.03.2014

5 things


selfies... they remind me that there can be beauty beyond "conventional beauty" and that i am strong and confident enough to treasure it.

music/concerts/festivals... music is one of the strongest fabrics of my life and being fortunate enough to not only hear it but to experience it is a blessing.

dreams... even when i try to hide things from others, they always manifest at night from my subconscious and remind me that i am vulnerable and not always emotionally detached.

my little space... it has shown me how living with less is not only possible but is completely enjoyable. reduced space = reduced clutter = reduced time cleaning.

falafel... because it's just so freaking good.

linking up with tiffany

12 comments:

Madi | And So I Did said...

I love clearing out clutter and keeping spaces clean and organized! :) It puts my overworking brain in to happy drive! Haha! I think selfies are great, like you said, they force you to focus on less cookie cutter aspects of beauty and the "perfectly set up and arranged portrait"

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Yum- love me some falafel for lunch!

Allison Taylor said...

I just want to say that I have just found your blog and I find it simply beautiful and refreshing!

Allison xx

http://negative85.wordpress.com/

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

My space is still mildly messy - which is honestly probably just going to be the case anyway - but the mess is so much more contained and less overwhelming because there aren't but so many spots for things to go. Cleaning up everything takes about 20 minutes, and I LOOOOOVE it!
And I often struggled with feeling beautiful in my own skin (and still do every now and then), so selfies just remind me that even though I am not conventionally beautiful, there are so many beautiful things about me!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

I knoooooow! It's like the vegan ambrosia to the gods!!!!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Thank you so much, Allison!
Welcome!

Bailey said...

Mmm... falafel indeed!!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Exactly!

Aimee said...

Can you believe I've never had falafel?!

Love this photo, Britt! You are gorgeous!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

You MUST get some! I had it for the first time in 2011 when I was working next door to this amazing place in Georgetown called Moby Dick. Sooooo good.
Now that I'm vegan, I love that I have an excuse to be a falafel piggy :)
And wow... *blush*. Thanks.

Yalanda_Meshell said...

Mmmmm. Falafel is so amazing!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

I KNOW!!!