- to the height of it all -

3.02.2015

make a habit, break a habit link-up #7



february always seems to fly by, but this one was ridiculously fast!
2015 is over 1/6 done!!!!!
i did a pretty decent job with making and breaking habits for this month, though i definitely didn't meet all of my goals, as i was super busy with minnesota, black history month program advising, and being sick for the past week.
in any case, i think i am still well-prepared to tackle tampa later this week for the ACPA convention (can't wait for palm trees and more respectful weather!), and china after that!

last month
make a habit: take the bus less!
guys, i took the bus 5 times this month. FIVE. i used to take the bus twice a day! i've been walking everywhere within walking distance. half of my rides this month were to head into a neighboring city. i think i have officially broken my bus habit.

make a habit: yoga everyday!
definitely did not happen. i think i practiced once the entire month. so sad.

break a habit: cussing/cursing/swearing.
for the most part, i have stopped! i did get super mad/irritated twice this month so a couple words slipped out, but that's progress.

this month
make a habit: yoga everyday!
trying this again!

break a habit: cussing/cursing/swearing.
i need to get through this month without incident and actually accomplish this!

what habits are you making and breaking this month?
link up below with lauren and i between now and march 10 at 11:55 pm.
the link-up will go live on the first monday of every month to share goals and progress!

how it works: 1) link up your post on what habits you want to make or break and progress you've made towards last month's. (link directly to your habit post! that means no homepages or unrelated posts - please and thank you!) 2) make new friends! visit at least two other Habit Makers and Breakers and give them some love! 3) include our snazzy button below or link back to your hosts in your post so other people can join in on the fun. (don't forget to follow us as well so you don't miss out on any new and exciting habit making or breaking news!)

The Pinnacle Project

18 comments:

Madi | And So I Did said...

That's so awesome that you're walking so much more! Unfortunately where we live there a. isn't public transportation and b. nothing is close enough to walk, or safe enough. We have really high traffic areas and we are not very pedestrian friendly.

I need to stop swearing as well, but dad gum if it isn't satisfying to string together a run of foul words when I stub my toe on the bed frame. :/ #oops

NERLINE GERMAIN said...

I love this linky, but I did not prepare anything. Bad habit: Interrupting my husband. New Habit: Start a book every week. Wish me luck!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Good luck! I, too, need to work on interrupting people when I'm excited! And please share what you read! I love hearing about new books -- I often get stuck in the classical/canonical lit rut!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

To be fair, I live on a college campus. It just happens to be a super huge, extremely hilly campus in the mountains that has its own campus bus route because it's so big. From my apartment to one of my jobs is about a mile, though, and I was just being super lazy. I should've been walking it the whole time, but it was so easy to just hop on and get there in 7 minutes.
Also, the pain of a stubbed toe brings out the sailor in all of us. Don't even feel bad!

Rachel G said...

Dude, where are you going in China? Way to go on walking more! I prefer walking to taking the bus, because i'm impatient and would rather be walking than waiting for a bus, but when we're going far enough, it's worth it.

Angie @chasingmyhalo.com said...

Nice work! Walking that much more is huge! And China is in the horizon?! Big year! I just finished a yoga challenge that kind of kick started my practice, but at the end of it I downloaded an app I found (Yoga.com). I think it was like 3.00 but it offers tons of programs and poses for any level! You may want to check it out. Good luck with your goals. You have a fun blog! #nectarcollective

Julie @ Artwork by JM said...

Wow, not swearing at all?! That's really great! I swear I have a four letter vocabulary when I'm mad. My husband and I have really been trying to watch ourselves more since our little one repeats everything we say lol

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

I am trying! I may not get to the point of never doing it ever but I am actively working on it to break it. Good luck to you and your hubby!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

We're going to Shanghai and Beijing!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Oh, I definitely need to download that app!
Thank you :)

Heaven Smiling said...

Congrats on your successes! Good luck on finishing what you started. That's where I am too on my make-it and break-it. If you've got good goals, might as well see them through to fruition!

DT said...

Congrats on completing your goals.. It's amazing how you managed to cut down bus travel.
I did okay, hoping to do better this month.
Good luck for your goals..

-DT
http://hereiscribble.blogspot.com/2015/03/make-habit-break-habit.html

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Thanks so much, Heaven! Good luck on yours as well. I'm so happy you've joined us!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Thank you!!!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

I'm trying to eat healthier and spend more time outside this month. Good luck with your goals!

Melitsa Avila said...

I miss walking more. Some places are just not safely set up for it. I could walk but the drivers would be a little worried.


Congrats on the swearing. In its time! Good luck for this month!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Thank you! Good luck with eating healthier!!!!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

I could definitely be doing much better! But thank you for sending positivity :D