- to the height of it all -

12.28.2014

my vision for 2015


the fact that 2015 is literally days away still feels completely surreal.
2014 was one of the best years of my life - i have learned more about using gratitude to get a handle on my depression, about being a kinder and more optimistic person, and about accepting myself where i am and really reflecting upon the life that i want.
i don't have many resolutions for 2015 beyond crossing off a few more things on my 30x30 list, watching more ted talks, and more intentionally supporting small businesses.
i do, however, want to do more for this space.

this blog originally started as a chronicle of my pursuit of my 30x30 and i would like to keep it that way, but something that truly bothers me is my lack of commitment to this blog. with one&20, i had an editorial calendar that was color-coded with scheduled posts and link-ups and promotions and all that jazz. and then i started hating it all. it was too much work and it felt far removed from what was important to me, and i wanted a place where i didn't dread writing. so i restarted with this lovely spot and i loved it a lot at first. and honestly, it seemed like you all did as well. i had more post interaction than i ever experienced with one&20, and it finally felt like home.

however, i have a tendency to go to extremes and whenever i found blogging here challenging (like doing the gratitude challenge that totally fell off the face of the earth), i dropped it easily, citing that i made this blog to be something of my own that didn't have to follow this strict schedule. and i still don't want that for this place, but i also don't want to go weeks without posting, dropping off on challenges, and letting people and myself down. the gratitude challenge, in particular, brought so much light to my life, and dropping it has definitely made a negative impact.

and so, my blog vision for 2015 is the following:
+ take more pictures and write more eloquently
+ live more vividly in general, not just for the sake of a good blog post
+ publish at least 2-3 high-quality posts per week
+ stay active in the community and interact with other bloggers at least 3 times per week
+ complete the gratitude challenge

i appreciate everyone who has stuck it out with me while i figure things out both here and in "real" life, and i hope to make the pinnacle project all that it was meant to be: a reflection of where i am, where i am going, and how i will get there.

11 comments:

thealishanicole said...

I love your goals for the new year! keeping up with a blog and still trying to live life can be so overwhelming so I most def feel you!

Amber Thomas said...

Live more vividly in general. Whoa. I adore and love that in just so many ways. :)


Staying active can be so challenging because there can feel like, seem to be SO MANY bloggers out there. :) Sounds like 2015 is a completely doable and vivid and wonderful year for you and your blog! :)

mark a. said...

good vision! i hope you can achieve your goals!

Madi | And So I Did said...

I look forward to seeing you achieve your goals in 2015! It's so hard to stay motivated to come here when things in life are changing, at least for me. I have a hard time remembering to post something, and feeling like I can craft a well written post when my anxiety is kicked into high gear. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your New Year's celebrations!

S.O.S Hair said...

Write more eloquently? Girl., bye! You're already an amazing writer! Please give yourself more credit than that!


BUT...


You need to add to the list " Meeting up with my fave bloggy buddies!" Ha-ha!


www.savingourstrands.com

Kristal @ Beautifully Curled said...

Oooooo, Britt! I could just hug you! You are definitely not alone. You mentioned many of the challenges I struggled with as well in 2014. Blogging consistently takes quite a bit of planning and organizing (more than I had ever realized) that I can get so overwhelmed with anxiety that I fall behind terribly (although I have lots of material to share for weeks). But we are growing in this process! I need to look into this editorial calendar so I can start planning. Here's to a more productive and positive blogging experience this year for us all!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

The editorial calendar is an amazing idea, but as an obsessive planner, I found that I was spending sooooo much time on planning and scheduling, and it just wasn't fun anymore. I need to find a happy medium!

Kristal @ Beautifully Curled said...

I can be quite obsessive too which has caused me to burn out from blogging months at a time. I want to end this cycle because I really do meet awesome people while I am actively blogging and don't want to lose any more connections for this reason. Hopefully by planning, I can create a schedule that manageable, efficient, and enjoyable. I bought a planner yesterday from Target (they always have the cute stuff!). Here's to finding that happy medium in 2015.


BTW, who do you watch on TED? My therapist directed me to Brene Brown last year and I thoroughly enjoyed her talks.

Raine and Skye said...

Happy New Year Britt!!! Hope you started the year off wonderfully !!
Yes, totally with you on dropping stuff and disappointing myself and others. I want to see that change this year. As for blogging, you're doing amazing and I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)
Here's to 2015 and more achievements under our belt than last year ! :D

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Here, here!
I kind of watch whoever's title tickles my fancy, but I will definitely check her out! Thanks so much for sharing - I am always looking for inspiration :)

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

HEYYYYYY!
I've missed you!
And yes, 2015 will be amazing :)