- to the height of it all -

1.05.2015

make a habit, break a habit link-up #5



happy new year!

can you believe that it is ALREADY the first monday of the year?!?!
i am so excited for 2015. as my pastor says, this will be the year of restoration, and i will be claiming some things i've lost!
i am excited to set some new habits this month, and i hope you will join in with lauren and i!

last month
make a habit: oil pull everyday!
i didn't do this EVERY day, but quite a bit! i will be continuing this in the future!

make a habit: stick to the schedule!
check! i got EVERYTHING done on time and i got to leave school to come home a week early because of it!

break a habit: hitting the snooze button.
check! haven't hit it since i set this goal!

this month
make a habit: complete a fast!
i want regular fasting to become part of my world. fasting, for me, provides immeasurable clarity and restores my abilities to attune myself to my body and spirituality through discernment of what is truly important and valuable to me.

make a habit: yoga every week!
i really need to go, not only to help with the healing of my feet, but because it's so much easier to tap into that clarity when i take the time to truly focus on my body and mind.

break a habit: cussing/cursing/swearing.
i don't want to bring my sailor mouth into 2015. i've done much, much, much better with this over the past year, but i am ready to drop it for good!

what habits are you making and breaking this month?
link up below with lauren and i between now and january 11 at 11:55 pm.
the link-up will go live on the first monday of every month to share goals and progress!

how it works: 1) link up your post on what habits you want to make or break and progress you've made towards last month's. (link directly to your habit post! that means no homepages or unrelated posts - please and thank you!) 2) make new friends! visit at least two other Habit Makers and Breakers and give them some love! 3) include our snazzy button below or link back to your hosts in your post so other people can join in on the fun. (don't forget to follow us as well so you don't miss out on any new and exciting habit making or breaking news!)

The Pinnacle Project


13 comments:

Agent Q said...

Well done, breaking the habit of pressing that snooze button. And to successfully break it upon setting that goal, that must've taken a lot of discipline and dedication. I'm sure you'll be able to accomplish this month's goals as well. Good luck with making/breaking these respective habits!

Stephanie said...

I'm so impressed that you resisted the snooze button and kept to your schedule. I've been struggling with both of those aspects recently. You're clearly on a role and I'm sure you"ll achieve this weeks goals as well!

Elizabeth Than said...

Yay for goodbye-snooze! I'm hitting only once lately, so that's a good thing for me. Heh. I'm sure you'll do well for this month too. Good luck and have fun!

Andrea Bonds said...

This is such an awesome link up idea. I an a serial snoozer. You must share how you were able to break this habit!

RCSOATL said...

great link up, I'm hoping to do yoga every week too! and I struggle with the snooze, ugh


www.rcsoatl.com

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Come link up! You're definitely welcome :)

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Thanks so much, Agent!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Thanks, Stephanie! It was a little rough at first, but once I stopped, it wasn't as hard as I thought to keep it up.

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Hi, Andrea! Thank you :)
Since I sleep on my left side, I put my phone on the right side of the bed (behind me) so I would have to move to turn off the alarm. Also, I set my alarm to a song I really like that is energetic and makes me want to dance. That's been working so far, and I change the song often. Usually to whatever song I've been playing on repeat that week.

I hope that helps!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Yeah, I really need to get back with it!!!!

Lauren said...

I bet you were so excited to leave school early to get home! What a great reward for meeting your goal! And I am soooo impressed with your ability not to hit snooze! Seriously Amazing!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Thanks so much! I totally was psyched to get to come home and relax :)