- to the height of it all -

10.02.2014

el rodeo south main | blacksburg, va

this past week and the upcoming weeks will be are hell.
so many school deadlines, commitments, and requirements all stacked on top of one another and holding on for dear life some crazy game of jenga.

but it feels amazing to have that as a complaint and it's even better when you can sneak away from work for an hour or two to hang out with cool people who've treaded the waters you're about to enter or are there holding your hand and their breaths in preparation to go under with you.

i didn't order food at el rod's when i and my cohort members took a study break there this past weekend, but i can attest to the deliciousness of the chips and salsa. those who did order were impressed, and plates were thoroughly cleaned. and the drinks were AMAZING.


the 12-ounce mango classic margarita for $5 = heaven.
my cohort member/musical soulmate got a 32-ounce pitcher-like contraption of blue moon for $6.



the rest of the time was spent taking selfies ("usies" just sounds too douchey to me...) of our tired faces both inside and outside of the restaurant once closing time came, and looking through them today just reminded me of how grateful i am to have found support, intellectual stimulation, and true friendship.

in pursuit of:
becoming a resident tourist

linking up with nicole and esther

16 comments:

Kate Jordan said...

That drink looks seriously delicious!

Madi | And So I Did said...

I would kill for a margarita right about now! Some of my favorite times have been spent over margaritas and chips and salsa! :)

This month is a killer for me, too. I'm wrapping up my thesis and once I finish I'll be DOOOONE with college!

Lisa C said...

Next time, get a jumbo Texas margarita (and make sure you have a DD). The food there is really good, too!

Hsiao-Ting said...

Yum! the Mango margarita looks delicious! Don't be too stress this week!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

It wasssssss!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

It was so good!
And yes! That proverb has become my personal mantra!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

The chips and salsa were GOOD! The margarita was fantastic - it was just the right strength :)
Good luck on your thesis!!!! You're almost done!!!!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

I really debated whether or not I would get one! I got one when I was in undergrad at the location right by campus and I was down for the count!!! I will definitely have to try the food, too :)
Thanks for coming by, fellow Hokie!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

It was great!
And thank you! Friday is almost here so all is right with the world for the next couple of days until it picks back up! :)

Hsiao-Ting said...

Yay!! Woot woot almost the weekend! cheers!

EbonyCPrincess said...

Pardon moi, but your hair is so long!!!! Glad you found time to have some fun and a little R&R!

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Thank you!
I just recently hit MBL... *shhhhh*

Jessica at Team Wiking said...

That mango margarita looks SO delicious, and now I feel like I need one.

Sandra Dötsch said...

omg I love mango so much! this margarita just looks too tasty!! haha :)

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

EVERYONE needs one of these!
SOOOO good :)

Britt @ The Pinnacle Project said...

Me too! mango is my favorite!